We have been helping small businesses grow since 2009
With over 70 industry awards, we have a proven track record that our business growth consultancy works.
Only 4% of businesses ever make it across the £1 million mark, but we can provide you with the right consultancy to help you grow your small business, improve profit and truly meet your potential.
We offer a variety of consultancy and training courses for small businesses, including our business growth programme, which allows members to support one another and receive advice and training from leading business growth experts.
Who will benefit from small business consultancy…
Our small business consultancy services are ideal for businesses looking to develop better leadership, make better decisions and improve results.
We will help you to develop your business to grow and meet its potential using the following 5 principles;
- Adopting ownership – You will no longer simply look at the business titles of yourself and employees. Instead you will act autonomously to make the best decisions for the business, focusing on long term achievements rather than compromising long term value for short term gains.
- Thinking big and failing fast – You will no longer be afraid of making bold decisions through fear of failure. Instead you will embrace failing fast and use it to the advantage for long term growth.
- Perfection is not the goal – You will no longer strive for perfection and instead accept that in fact it is a form of procrastination. Perfection is not the key and instead being ‘good’ is what will help your business to reach it’s true potential.
- Being a sponge, not a rock – You will learn to set your ego aside and become open minded. You will absorb the thoughts and opinions of others and adapt them alongside your own via deep reflection.
- Deliver results, not excuses – You will learn to hold yourself accountable rather than passing fault onto others. You will learn to lead and inspire others through the results you deliver and achieve.
How our small business consultant services work
Our team of leading consultants will examine your business and identify any issues and opportunities which are preventing your business from further growth. We will then provide you with the necessary understanding to overcome these issues and seize these opportunities to allow your small business to grow.
As well as giving you the understanding you need for growth, we will also deliver various training and provide you with strategies you can apply to your business. These are tried and proven techniques which will allow your business to operate more efficiently and successfully, inviting further growth into everyday operation.
We also offer a variety of programmes, such as our Business Growth Programme to help you improve leadership and work with others in a similar situation. You will have access to our expert panel, who will be able to provide support and advice whenever you require it.
Proven Case Studies
£10m revenue; 40+ staff
- Revenue and profits under pressure for the last 3 years
- Limited and stagnant customer base
- Lack of direction and strategy for the business
Our Work Together
- Developing a 3-year competitive growth strategy and management action plan
- Targeted marketing and sales plan – reviewed monthly and updated quarterly
- Defining key operational measures of success and scorecards
- 3.5 times revenue growth in less than 2 years
- 50% increase in profit margins and a 160% increase in customer base
- Acquisition of a speciality company for vertical integration and efficiencies
B2B Services (IT)
£2m revenue; 10+ staff
- Low business valuation due to low growth and lack of repeat business
- ‘Time poor’ and ‘directionless’ team stuck in firefighting
- Difficult customers with bad payment terms leading to a cashflow problem
Our Work Together
- A new subscription model launched to generate recurring income
- 3 Year exit plan developed with clear targets and action plans
- Debtors management system implemented rigorously
- 45% YoY growth with 35% revenue being recurring subscription fees
- Increase in business valuation multiple from 3.2 to 6
- Reduction in debtor days from 84 days to 26 days
- Performance culture with weekly trackers and incentive structure
£53m revenue; 70+ staff
- Weak 2nd tier management team and overworked MD
- Stagnation in profitability, performance, and culture
- Aggressive competitors, pressure on margins
Our Work Together
- Leadership team learning and development programme implemented
- Poor talent replaced with high talent using 4 Hour Recruitment system
- Supplier negotiation and product purchase strategies actioned
- 5-year sales and marketing strategy to increase market share
- 100% Leadership team supporting MD in strategic initiatives
- Operating procedures for team communication and collaboration
- Increase in gross margin from 28% to 34%
- Significantly improved brand presence and loyalty
Get in touch
Every business is different and as a result, so are the challenges and opportunities. We have experience of growing businesses across many industries, so discuss your individual situation, get in touch with us today for your free business strategy review..