We have been helping small businesses grow since 2009
With over 70 industry awards, our small business consultants have a proven track record, showing that what we do works.
Only 4% of businesses ever make it across the £1 million mark, but we can provide you with the right consulting services to help you grow your small business, improve profit and truly meet your potential.
We offer a variety of consulting and training courses for small businesses, including our business growth programme, which allows members to support one another and receive advice and training from leading small business consultants.
Who will benefit from small business consultancy…
Our small business consulting services are ideal for small business owners looking to develop better leadership, make better decisions and improve results.
We will help you to develop your business to grow and meet its potential using the following 5 principles;
- Adopting ownership – You will no longer simply look at the business titles of yourself and employees. Instead you will act autonomously to make the best decisions for the business, focusing on long term achievements rather than compromising long term value for short term gains. You will also gain a strong understanding of project management and will discover how to use the practice to your advantage.
- Thinking big and failing fast – You will no longer be afraid of making bold decisions through fear of failure. Instead you will embrace failing fast and use it to the advantage for long term growth allowing you to develop a strong business plan without overthinking.
- Perfection is not the goal – You will no longer strive for perfection and instead accept that in fact it is a form of procrastination. Perfection is not the key and instead being ‘good’ is what will help your business to reach it’s true potential.
- Being a sponge, not a rock – You will learn to set your ego aside and become open minded. You will absorb the thoughts and opinions of others and adapt them alongside your own via deep reflection.
Deliver results, not excuses – You will learn to hold yourself accountable rather than passing fault onto others. You will learn to lead and inspire others through the results you deliver and achieve, placing importance upon human resources.
How our small business consultant services work
Our team of leading consultants will examine your business and identify any issues and opportunities which are preventing your business from further growth. We will then provide you with the necessary understanding to overcome these issues and seize these opportunities to allow your small business to grow. Providing advice on everything from human resources to marketing we will provide you with the various frameworks and techniques you need to succeed.
As well as giving you the understanding you need for growth, we will also deliver various training and provide you with strategies you can apply to your business. These are tried and proven techniques which will allow your business to operate more efficiently and successfully, inviting further growth into everyday operation.
We also offer a variety of programmes, such as our Business Growth Programme to help you improve leadership and work with others in a similar situation. You will have access to our expert panel, who will be able to provide support and advice whenever you require it.
Proven Case Studies
£10m revenue; 40+ staff
- Revenue and profits under pressure for the last 3 years
- Limited and stagnant customer base
- Lack of direction and strategy for the business
Our Work Together
- Developing a 3-year competitive growth strategy and management action plan
- Targeted marketing and sales plan – reviewed monthly and updated quarterly
- Defining key operational measures of success and scorecards
- 3.5 times revenue growth in less than 2 years
- 50% increase in profit margins and a 160% increase in customer base
- Acquisition of a speciality company for vertical integration and efficiencies
B2B Services (IT)
£2m revenue; 10+ staff
- Low business valuation due to low growth and lack of repeat business
- ‘Time poor’ and ‘directionless’ team stuck in firefighting
- Difficult customers with bad payment terms leading to a cashflow problem
Our Work Together
- A new subscription model launched to generate recurring income
- 3 Year exit plan developed with clear targets and action plans
- Debtors management system implemented rigorously
- 45% YoY growth with 35% revenue being recurring subscription fees
- Increase in business valuation multiple from 3.2 to 6
- Reduction in debtor days from 84 days to 26 days
- Performance culture with weekly trackers and incentive structure
£53m revenue; 70+ staff
- Weak 2nd tier management team and overworked MD
- Stagnation in profitability, performance, and culture
- Aggressive competitors, pressure on margins
Our Work Together
- Leadership team learning and development programme implemented
- Poor talent replaced with high talent using 4 Hour Recruitment system
- Supplier negotiation and product purchase strategies actioned
- 5-year sales and marketing strategy to increase market share
- 100% Leadership team supporting MD in strategic initiatives
- Operating procedures for team communication and collaboration
- Increase in gross margin from 28% to 34%
- Significantly improved brand presence and loyalty
Get in touch
Every business is different and as a result, so are the challenges and opportunities. As a small business consultant, we have experience of growing businesses across many industries, so discuss your individual situation, get in touch with us today for your free business strategy review.
Do I need a small business consultant?
Most small businesses will benefit from some business consulting. As a small business, it can be difficult to manage the various wider aspects of your business whilst ensuring the day to day running still remains efficient. This is why our small business consultants can provide you with help on everything to your strategic business plan through to micro-elements such as email marketing.
How much does small business consulting cost?
At Growth Idea we understand that no two businesses are the same. That is why all of our business consulting packages are priced dependant on the level of service required by your business. Get in touch with our small business consulting team today to discuss your needs and get your free, custom quote.
Does my business have to be based in London to use your consulting services?
Our business consultants are able to deliver small business consulting to businesses regardless of their location in the UK. We are able to provide sessions at your office, our office or remotely. Therefore, regardless of what is best to suit you and your employees, we can help. Simply get in touch to book.